Originally built in 1887, this elegant two story Queen Anne Victorian remains the belle of the ball. The moment you enter the front yard, the exterior is captivating with the elaborate ornamentation. The double entry front doors are surmounted by a stained glass transom & open into the reception room. The front & back parlors showcase Octagon windows. The back parlor is used as the dining room & the original dining room is currently the tv/family room. The kitchen is large & features stained glass windows & has extensive storage & a panty. The magnificent staircase leads upstairs & showcases intricate, detailed carvings. The front balcony is where Theodore Roosevelt addressed his Monrovia constituents in his bid to become Vice President. The front bedroom features a curly redwood mantle, Minton Tiles, & a wood burning fireplace. The next bedroom features has two Juliet balconies. A third bedroom also has a fireplace. The fourth bedroom sits at the end of the hall. There is a detached 6 car garage accessed off the back alley w/ over 1000 sq. ft. of storage space. Idlewild has been a home of significance since the 1880's. Ideal for entertaining, Idlewild has a wrap around porch. Don't miss this treasure in Monrovia that makes some museums look boring!
- Days on Market: 10
- Property Type: Residential
- Status: Active
- Style: Victorian
- Zone Description: MORL
- fireplace_features: Decorative, Wood, Family Room
- lot_square_footage: 16733
- patio_and_porch: Wrap Around
- Appliances: Dishwasher, Range/Stove Hood
- Bathroom Features: Separate Tub And Shower
- Cooling: Zoned
- Heating: Gravity Heating
- Inclusions: APN's # 8504-013-003 & 8504-013-031 Are Being Sold Together. They Cannot Be Sold Separately.
- Interior Features: Built-Ins, High Ceilings (9 Feet+), Storage Space, Wainscoting, Pantry, Balcony
- Kitchen Features: Tile Counters
- Levels: Multi/Split
- Parking Features: Circular Driveway, Oversized, Guest
- Property Subtype: Single Family Residence
- Subdivision: Other - OTHR
- View: Mountain
- Virtual Tour Link: View Tour
The real estate listing information is provided by California Regional MLS, Inc. and/or CARETS® for the consumer’s personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumer may be interested in purchasing or leasing. Any information relating to a property referenced on this web site comes from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of the California Regional MLS, Inc. and/or CARETS®. This web site may reference real estate listing(s) held by a brokerage firm other than the broker and/or agent who owns the web site. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed, and consumer is responsible for verifying the accuracy of all information. Copyright © California Regional MLS, Inc. and/or CARETS®. All Rights Reserved.
Updated: 23rd October, 2018 10:08 AM.